This post serves as a marker for my virtual linux lab series. It is a series of tutorials that shows how to install and configure two CentOS 5.5 guests on a Windows 7 host as a virtual lab with VirtualBox. It is geared towards absolute beginners; I designed it to help my fellow linux system administration students at the Community College of Aurora.
Many of us don't have access to a proper lab, but thanks to virtualization technology, we can set one up on a single computer. Hopefully you will learn as much as I did reading these as I did creating them. :)
- Virtualbox Installation
- Installing CentOS as a Virtualbox Guest
- Configuring Sudoers on CentOS
- Modifying the Path to Include sbin
- Installing Virtualbox Guest Additions
- Virtualbox Shared Directories
- Adding Virtualbox to the Windows Path
- Cloning a VirtualBox Disk
- VirtualBox Bridged Networking
Check back often, as I will most likely be adding to this series in the future.